Worshipblues lives for adventure.

I seek out curious places wherever I go.

Drop me a line if you think I can help with some advice.

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Worshipblues' Irregular Suggestions : Paris

By special request I bring you my favourite things to do in Paris. I hope that it encourages you to look deeper into the quirks of this fascinating city.


Wander with your eyes wide open.


Light a candle in Notre Dame.



Walk along the banks of the timeless Seine and peep at the old posters, books and magazines rife with vintage feel.


Pack a lock and leave your romantic mark on Ponte des Artes. It might not be legal so don't get caught and if you do, don't blame me!

Try and find Nicolas Flamel's house. Even if you are not a Harry Potter fan, the curious history of this fellow sparks imagination. Also, I never managed to take a photo of it, so, would love to have of you happen to stumble across it. Here are a few clues to help you on your way.

If you are in Paris at the weekend then a trip to the Flea market in Clignancourt is a must a truly quirky sight to behold. It is full of atmosphere. See here for more information: Clignancourt Market.


Walk around Paris at night. Paris is a city that glows beautifully at night. The Louvre is a wonderful sight against the darkness and if you can just about see the Eiffel Tower from there. At midnight the entire tower lights up with a zillion lights.

Visit Le Saint Chapelle for a truly moving light experience. Listed on Speirs + Major's top 10 lighting experiences. See the web article here.



Stop for tea at Mariage Freres and have a little nosey through their shop. Such a selection of superior teas you will not find anywhere else so do not leave empty handed!

Mariage Freres
30 rue Bourg Tibourg



Visit the Jardin Tropicale that I wrote about in depth here and don't forget your camera and your nerves. While you are there why not stroll through the rest of the Bois de Vincennes?


Get lost in Paris' back streets. Wander though Le Marais and when you get to the Jewish Quarter, you must try some falafels!



Pay attention to Paris' doors. This is a lesser celebrated marvel of Paris. The doors here are wonderful and if you catch someone leaving or returning, it's always worth taking a sneaky glance through the gap! You will see what I mean!


Take a look at the many modern architectural wonders of Paris. I really enjoyed visiting the Institute du Monde Arabe.


Find a vantage point and look down on the city. You can do this from the Institute de Mode Arabe for free!


Eat! Eat! Eat! Bread, sumptuous meals, fancy patisserie. Try it all!

Do let me know if you use my little list. I would be bowled over to know if you found any of my suggestions useful or interesting.

Thank you Jian for requesting this. I have thoroughly enjoyed putting this post together.


No comments:

Post a Comment